Sunday, August 24, 2014

About Life

Hi everyone!

I just want to start off this post with saying this....

I am grateful that I have access to wholesome, healthy, nutritious foods. I am thankful that I have money to buy these foods that fuel my body with energy so I can live life to full capacity.


About Life offers natural products and whole-food nutrition. They have a cafe section in each of there stores as well as a supermarket offering the freshest fruits and vegetables and also have a pharmaceutical section. See website below to find your nearest About Life store.
http://aboutlife.com.au/

When I have the chance, I like to shop at About Life because I personally think that it has the most to offer which suite my needs.  I love fresh vegetables, in-season fruits, and of course, healthy snacks that are still very yummy!

The most recent shop I did with my friend, I stuck to some basics that I buy regularly to get me through the week.


Featured : Organic Peanut Butter, Passionfruit, Strawberries, Organic Wholegrain Oats, Coconut Milk,
Berry Organic Tea, Organic Brown Rice, Coconut yoghurt, Wholegrain rice crackers and Kale.


-  LOVE my oats for breakfast, and I soak them the night before with chia seeds and coconut milk.
In the morning I top it up with some cut up strawberries and some fresh passionfruit! YUM

- For snacks, I like to smear some peanut butter on two rice cakes, along side some berry tea!

- I try to include 'green's with my meals, so for my lucnh I will have some kale, avocado, lemon , cracked pepper and brown rice! If you're are following me on instagram ( @littlemissbeautxo ) you would of seen how DELICIOUS my lunch looked when I used the mentioned ingredients.

- Coconut yoghurt is basically like whipped yoghurt! I like to have 1/2 cup as a snack and may add some berries to sweeten it.


This is what I would consider to be a basic shop, costing about $60, and lasting me 1-2 weeks.

Some other yummy foods I like to buy:

- chocolate granola to have mixed in with my oats for breakfast
- banana and blueberries for a fruit pick-me-up (add honey)
- sweet potato ( mash the sweet potato up & add chicken salt for the ultimate lunch meal, thanks Sarah!)
- dark chocolate (okay, I really do love chocolate so I know that I need to substitute to keep my self healthy..and dark chocolate really isn't that bad! MELT it and dip it in with strawberries for the ultimate desert..yu-hm)



xoxo Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment