Sunday, August 31, 2014

go-to makeup routine

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my go-to makeup routine that I absolutely positively turn to fives day out of the week.

The reason for this is because it is simple, fast, and it looks good.
Depending on how your skin reacts to new makeup products, you can try these products that I have mentioned in this post, or maybe you can switch up two or three things to do your day-to-day makeup a little bit differently!

I cannot say that these are particularly 'cheap' products, and I will not give you substitute because I think that if something works for you, great. If it doesn't, fine.

Give this look a go, and who knows, maybe it will be your turn-to makeup routine too!



1. Prep before your makeup

I believe you should always start off with a fresh,clean face. So get scrubbing and remember to moisturise!

2. Prime like your life depends on it

Don't be lazy, just prime. It helps to maintain your makeup's appearance throughout the day and if you pick a winner, some primers do a wonderful job at creating a flawless and smooth base, making it easier to apply and blend your makeup.
I like to use the Pore Perfecting Face Primer by Curtis Collection
RRP $49.00

3. For day wear- switch to a CC cream

Just like BB cream (blemish/beauty balm), CC cream(colour corrective cream) helps to make your face look as el natural as possible whilst doing a fine job at covering those dark circles and imperfections. During the week, I do not want nor need to create a fuller face. So, I like to stick to a thin layer of foundation, but still have a thick consistency to cover redness and imperfections. This sounds hard, but luckily for me I have found a little bottle of perfection that literally helps to perfect my face. I use Lancome's City Miracle CC cream because it is quite simply the best foundation/cream/whatever I have EVER used before in my life. I am not kidding, this gorgeous little cream covers all my bits that I'd rather not want to turn to bobs, and makes my face look flawless and glowing. If you are in the market for a 'day time' foundation that will last you for 10 hours (I counted, it still looks that good) then I would say please do yourself a favour and try this out. Now.
RRP $48

4. Powder to keep your makeup in place

I think that lightly 'dapping' powder onto your face, focusing on your T-Zone area, is a good way to help your makeup stay in place throughout the day. I couldn't think of not using a powder?
I love Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish, because it seals my foundation into place without changing the colour.
RRP $62

5. Simple and neutral for the eyes

For day time wear, I don't fuss over wearing heavy eye make and fake eyelashes. Of course, I still want my eyes to 'pop' and having blue eyes, there are few colours that work in my favour.
I use the Naked Palette both 2 & 3. They feature a selection of neutral colours that are easy to blend and last a relatively long time.
So first thing I do, is apply a soft white or cream colour to my whole eye lid and then apply a darker brown to the outer 'V' corner of my eye and blend throughout. I sometimes like to add a highlighter under my eyebrow to define my eyebrows and eye area more. Just remember.. BLEND BLEND BLEND. Please.
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette RRP $78


6. Mascara & Brows

If you know me, you know I love well-groomed eyebrows. I fill in my eye brows will a Modelco brow powder that I have had for so long I actually don't think they sell it anymore! But, because it is for day time wear, I stick to a powder to fill my eyebrows in and leave the gel liner for the weekends, So I can get a more defined brow look.

And mascara- I love stacking it on. Don't know why... I just love the look of thick clumps of mascara because for me, It makes my eyes pop!
Add some white in the inner corners of your eyes to really bring your face to wake!
Better then sex mascara Two-Faced RRP $25.20


7. Don't contour, just blush.

Honestly, I don't have time to create a perfect contoured line on my face at 7:30 in the morning.. But, don't get me wrong, sometimes I will just grab a 'paddle' brush and define the hollows of my cheeks with some light bronzer, but most days I just apply some peachy pink blush! It really suites my skin tone.
Mary Kay Cheek Colour RRP $12

9. Gloss them lips

Lastly, I like to hydrate my lips with a simple SPF lip balm which is clear or has a tint of pink or peach.  I own so many lip glosses/balms/sticks, I try to change it up everyday! Oh, and a little tip - if your lips are looking a little flaky or dry, brush them with your tooth brush to exfoliate your lips! You will notice a difference almost instantly.
Manuka Honey & Shea Organic lip balm by  People for Plants RRP $8









xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment