Sunday, July 13, 2014

My on-the-go breakfast smoothie!

What you will need:

- 1/2 cup protein powder of your choice
- 1/4 greek style yoghurt
- 1/4 coconut shreds
- 1/4 chia seeds
- 1/2 cup skim milk or almond milk
- 1 whole banana
- handful goji berries (optional)


1.  Throw all the ingredients into the blender except for the goji berries
2.  Blend for 40 seconds
3.  And wallah! Pour smoothie into cup or bottle
4.  Sprinkle goji berries for extra flavour


You can really toss together any other ingredients, and you dont have to use any milk but depending on the consistency of the smoothie, the more liquid you use, the less thick it is. Personally for me I dont like it thick because in the mornings I pour it into my travel mug so I need it to be easy to drink through the sipper.




Other options of ingredients are 
- coconut yoghurt/cream
- peaches
- greens ( spinach, kale, avocado, cucumber)
- teas ( green tea leaves, chamomile teas , peppermint etc )
- coffee espresso beans
- pomegranate
- passionfruit
- vanilla kefir 
- flaxseed

xoxo 



No comments:

Post a Comment