Sunday, June 1, 2014

Little luxuries

Hello everyone!
So I have gathered up a few things that I think we should all take the time to do at least once a month.
Not only are these things good for our personal health, but also our mental health- when you are feeling tired/stressed/out of balance, you only usually have to do one thing different to feel that much better.
Take a read below and see if you can try at least two things this month and see how you feel! Like I have said before in my previous post, Im very big on routine and I'd even say 'rituals', so when you actually make time for these things you will notice a difference in how you feel and look!


Have a massage once a month
No matter what people say, you cannot deny that having a relaxing massage can you make you visit heaven and back. Traditional Thai massages in particular help to relax the muscles,improve blood circulation and lymph flow, improve movement of joints, reduce heart rate and blood pressure and eliminate toxin and strengthen the immune system!
Indulging in a massage at least once a month is defiantly something you should think to invest your time and money in as not only is it beneficial to your health, but also your emotional state. When you carry a lot of stress and tension you start to feel your back stiff, your neck getting becoming tighter and you can also be prone to tension headaches or worse migraines.
I personally have a Thai massage once a month because it also helps to prevent my migraines from coming to bay- I unfortunately get migraines before that time of month due to a drop in my hormone levels to which of course leaves me unfit to do anything really, except sleep in a dark room!
Trust me when I say, you will feel 100% more relaxed and your worries become a thing of the past.
I go to Bexley North Cheerfully Touched Thai Massage and it is around $54.00 for an hour.

Care for your nails and toes at least once a month
This is for the guys too! There is so many germs and nasties that live under the nail area and every time you bite(god forbid!) or forget to clip your nails, you leave room for infections or in growns. I make my boyfriend clip his nails as he is a plumber and we all know what kind of environment they work around! I have had acrylics or 'fake nails' on for over four years and I just recently decided to go el natural just because I didnt want to keep putting my nails through so much and I wanted to avoid as many chemicals as possible in the process. I think that having clean,shapely buffed nails is essential to anyone, men or women!
Try a beautician instead of a nail therapist. I like the one in my local area Totally Spoilt Beauty in Dolls Point. It's around $50.00 for a mani/pedi

Have a bath once a week
If you're a bath gal then this wouldn't mean much to you, but if you're like me and you prefer to shower, than having a bath can feel quite special and relaxing. When you have a bath, it's actually so much more then just having a bath. Your muscles relax, it can calm your mind, detoxifies the body, and can also help reduce cramps for women around that time of the month! I like to add my favourite bubble bath gel and some sea salt. Adding the salt can help with improving your sleep, relaxing tired or worn out muscles and rid toxins out of the body.
Take it from me, enjoying a 20 minute bath on a sunday night preparing for your week ahead is well worth it. Its ideal if you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed and are tight on money for a massage so, this is the perfect substitute. I like Epsom Sea Salts which come in a big packet for around $5.00 from Priceline.


Floss your teeth everyday
This is just about having good hygiene! You may already brush your teeth twice a day for 2 minutes and rinse with a mouth wash, but dont flunk on flossing! It gets into the places your tooth brush cant, removing food bits and plaque from those tight areas! It also leaves you feeling fresh and food-free!
Floss after bed time, before breakfast, after lunch - whenever! just floss.
Its inexpensive too, so go on and buy some floss for you mouths sake.
I like Colgates Wax Dental Floss $4.99

Clean your room once a fornight 
No mum has influenced this in anyway! But you have to agree, when your room is dirty, you have clothes everywhere and empty coffee mugs... you do feel like it has a slight impact on your life. When your room is clean and organised, your life usually is too!
So get to it, re-organise, spray and wipe your blinds, vacuum up the carpet and make your bed! I also like to put flowers in my room, in little mason jars to add some 'freshness' to my room. And always leave your blinds open throughout the day so your room attracts the natural sunlight and minimisers dust.
For quick and easy results, I like to use Anti Bacterial Wipes which around around $3.00 and they get the job done quick! Coffee or makeup stains, its easy!


Read your affirmations everyday 
I am a BIG believer in positive affirmations! And I have Louise L hay to thank for that. An affirmation is the action or process of affirming something so for example, "I love to eat healthy, nutritious foods". You are affirming the statement to being true at the present time of saying it. So when you think about how our words really do affect how we think and feel, you'd want to be saying something positive! It really sets your day out to be a good one, especially when you say them early in the morning and also before you go to bed.
If you haven't already, go out and buy one of Louise L Hay's books. I like "You can heal your life" and "Heal your body" which is also available on itunes to purchase too. Joyce Myers also has some great affirmations you can have on your phone too.

No comments:

Post a Comment