Sunday, June 1, 2014

Clean and Clear

I'm a routine kinda gal. If I find something(s) that work for me, I will make sure I take time out of my day to fit in those something(s). 

I think we crave structure and routine, so I guess the extra things in life (routine of skincare,coffee..) add to our normal day to day activities ( showering,brushing our teeth)

Down below is a list of beauty products I personally use every single day (rain,hail or shine) because they work for me and I like consistency. 


From left to right

I have used this moisturizer for over three years. Not only does it help your tan last longer ( yay!) but it  also locks in moisture so its perfect for keeping your skin extra soft and smooth. I recommend this to anyone who wants to keep a consistent glow throughout the months, especially in winter!
My tip : Lather your feet up with lotion and wear socks- your feet will thank you in the morning

Okay- This is an American brand so it is hard to find these products cheap online, but I managed to find the old packaged product on fishpond.com ( I use this website and it is 100% safe) 
I started using this cleanser when my mum brought it home for me to try (she works at The Beauty Warehouse) and let me just say- its one of the few cleansers which have impressed me by what they state! And, actually do what they claim!
What does it do you say?
Leave skin softer and smother
Deep clean pores
Leave skin with a radiant glow
Skin feels refreshed and clean
Easily removes makeup
I use this baby every morning and night. I first wipe my makeup off with a makeup remover towelette of my choice, then I lather it all over my face and neck and wash off with warm water, patting dry with a tea towel.
I have oily to sensitive skin and this has helped eliminate the extra sebum and minimize it so you don't shine like your jewelry.Its been three weeks and I've noticed my skin is less puffy,looks much more refreshed and my skin feels so smooth! 
My tip : Dont over do it! Use around a 5 cent coin amount and gently rub onto your skin in circular motion, focusing on your T-zone, and leave on for 3-5 minutes then rinse accordingly


Again I received this little miracle with my cleanser and before this product, I never used an eye cream before because I am twenty years old, and well, I'm twenty years old?!
I didn't understand that you still need to care for your eye area just as much as the rest of your face.
And I get why now. Its a gel like formula which is non greasy and absorbs into the skin area quickly leaving this tingly fresh feeling. It helps to shield the skin from the nastiness of the air , protect your skin from premature breakdown ( no one likes saggy eye lids or panda eyes ) and visibly minimize the appearance of puffy eyes, wrinkles and fine lines. I defiantly think you're never to young to start on an eye cream - Just make sure you do your research and invest in something that is going to invest in your skin.
My Tip : Always use your ring finger to apply eye creams or any type of creams around the eye area as it is less pressure on your skin. You only need a two dots full of gel/cream for this area on your face

OK- last product from this range I swear! But it is just so great. Honestly! I'm not one to choose favorites... But if you're in need of a light weight cream for your face to use daily, this is in my top five!
This guy also does wonders to the face
Reduces wrinkles
Deeply hydrates ( Think : no more dry,puffy skin)
Gently exfoliates ( see you later dead skin cells!)
Smooths skin
Perfect to use as a base application before your makeup
Promotes elasticity ( Look young foreverrr- We wish, but you wont look old)
More youthful, glowing appearance
I think that's enough for Aminogenesis,but you get the idea of the brand- amazing skin, and wrinkle/puffy/red/blemish free!
My Tip: Use lightly in the morning after cleansing face

I just recently purchased this scrub as I was in desperate need of a fresh exfoliation of the face.
I must admit I am a little bit reluctant to buying into the heavily promoted beauty products, but I was with my boyfriend in Price line and he was putting pressure on me to hurry up so I quickly read the label, checked Beauty Heaven for reviews and I was off! One scrub later, and I noticed instantly that my blackheads were nearly gone altogether (I don't have alot only when I fake tan on my face) and my skin appeared a lot fresher which was a bonus. This scrub helps to give a deep clean and eliminate blackheads and imperfections thanks to its friendly ingredients salicylic acid and purifying zinc ( pimples and the nasties hate this stuff).
I'd say give it a go if you're new to the scrub game- and its also suitable for oily to combination skin! Winning! 
My Tip: After cleansing face, pat dry and start to lightly scrub focusing on T-zone. Wait 3-5 minutes then rinse, note that your skin will feel quite tight after so its important you moisturizer after

So I was a little hesitant to buy this mist toner but I was won over by the cute packaging. I have used People For Plants products before and unfortunately, it didn't agree with my skin and I ended up breaking out quite heavily (which is odd for me) on my chin area.
Please note that products work differently on different faces,and if they didn't there would be no beauty industry. I guess I wanted to try something different, and I have never used a mist toner before.
And I'm glad I did too! Because my skin feels alot more awake and radiant. It basically brightens and energies the skin, while not being to harsh so of course the mist is ideal.
If you're looking for a soothing type of skin product to use day or night (or both) then I would highly recommend this product. Its a great price, and it last as you only need three spritz for the face.
My Tip: Spray on face before moisturizing the skin

This product has been surprisingly amazing for my skin! First off though- I did not pay $150! I received a sample size from Bella Box  and I could not find any links to purchase the sample size!
When I first used this product I didn't even know what it was meant to do.. silly I know but it looked fun and I was in the mood for some skin pampering! It pretty much nourishes the skins collagen to promote healthy,radiant skin aka no more wrinkles or fine lines! And I know you're probably thinking well I am young I don't need this- but everyone needs a little help from a little oil...and please don't stress if you have oily skin as you still need to feed your skin the good oil and I promise you, it will not make your skin oily-er  ( I am living proof of this) It contains omega 3,6 and 7 which doesn't mean much to us but to our skin it's like holy water. It also has fatty acids and nutrients to nourish the skin. If you're in need of some skin pick-me-up then I would defiantly say buy an oil-based product! They do wonders, and hey its organic too.
My Tip : Use night time- when you sleep your skin shed old cells to make room for the new ones and this is when our skin really takes in the products we use on our skin so take advantage of this! Also, use two pumps of this as a little goes a long way, and pat onto your skin including your neck.

I use make up removers every single day and have done so for around 4-5 years. They easily remove stubborn makeup, cleanse your face of germs and bacteria and leave your skin feeling fresh and awake.
If you don't remove your makeup before bed, you need too. It is gross and unhygienic to wear makeup to bed!It literally takes 2 minutes so please, just do it.
I usually just use baby wipes ( which are the same thing) and they are  fragrance free so they have no harsh chemicals or alcohol added into them and that does the trick for me.I was given the proactive towelettes after my sister in law didn't want them so of course I said yes with open arms. I love trying new things,because if you don't you will never know what works for your skin type.
These cloths have been made to remove all your make up without using water or cleansing ( I still do though)
all whilst soothing and conditioning your skin. I've been using these for a while and I have noticed I haven't been breaking out as much and I also pack them in my bag if I am going to the gym after work- because no one thinks highly of your with a full head of makeup slothing away on the treadmill.. but really, they're handy, they work great and they're relatively cheap!
You should be cleansing/scrubbing your face regardless if you use make up removers or not (unless you're to drunk to which in your defense I get that), so these are just perfect for prepping your skin before you show it some love.
Any brand will do, but just steer clear of the ones with added blah blah and blah blah. Its not necessary, you just want something quick and reliable, that wont leave you looking like a panda bear when you rub your eyes
My Tip: Before cleansing your face morning or night, use these to remove any excess makeup or bacteria- alot of gross things can sometimes live on your pillow,your phone, your makeup brushes..so remember to go the extra mile when looking after your skin.


So there we go, I know it may seem a little excessive for some, but I am really big on looking after the skin you're in..especially since you're stuck with it for life! I also have added  a few tips in looking after your skin below
- DRINK WATER!! How many times do you have to hear this?! Water is literally the best thing for your insides and out, and it will cure more skin problems then any product could do.

- Mush together turmeric powder( anti inflammatory so it helps to reduce redness, pigmentation and blemishes), honey ( natural anti bacterial fighter) and coconut oil(good fat for your skin to feed off) for an ultimate skin mask which will help with making your skin look ah-maz-ing! [Use once a week]
- Blend brown sugar and lemon together for your body to help rid the skin of old,dirty skin cells and patchy fake tan
- Drink your herbs. Green tea helps to reduce redness (like rosacea), prevent wrinkles, strengthen the skins elasticity and promote glowing skin. Chamomile is also good for digestion and for your skin so you can orally apply the leaves onto your skin,mixed in with some avocado and coconut oil


xx Vanessa



No comments:

Post a Comment