Thursday, October 2, 2014

Whitney Speller

Inspirational Woman of the week....




My dear friend and lovely co-worker, miss Whitney Speller. She is a gun at her job, no doubt about that. Perfectionist with her work, clearly obvious. And, yes she is a little too obsessed with her cat, but hey the cat is pretty dam cute. 

I wanted to invite Whitney to share her insight on health, beauty and wellbeing, because I think that she is an amazing person, who's amazing-ness reflects through what she does and who she is. Working full-time in the beauty industry can be challenging sometimes ( note-no such thing as 'good hair day five times out of the week and perfect winged eyeliner at 6:30am in the morning), and of course keeping healthy not only physically and mentally can be hard, but I think my booty thug queen, aka Miss Speller does such things effortless and professionally. 

Oh- and if you're in the Sydney region and would like your make-up done for an event coming up,birthdays,wedding, photo shoot or just so you can take an on-point selfie, then please do give her a holla'. Contact details down the bottom.

So, with that lets start with..


1. Your beauty philosophy
No matter what look you're wearing - own it! Heavy makeup, barely there, tanned skin, pale skin... it's all beautiful, as long as you feel beautiful when you wear it. 

2. How long have you done makeup/ shared an interest?
Over last couple of years. I became really interested  [ in make-up] through watching YouTube tutorials, learning how to do my own make-up. I loved it so much I decided to do a course to learn how to do everything properly. It's a lot harder doing makeup on other people (different coloured skin, eyes, shaped faces etc.) but it's a fun challenge! I like bringing out peoples best features especially when they don't know how to do so because it makes them feel good!

3. How do you balance out work/study/health?
I think the best way to do this is to have a clear idea of what's important and prioritise your time accordingly. And the biggest tip is learning how to say no. If you know you want to go to the gym before work/study, and you want to also put in 100% while your there sometimes you have to say no to going out. 

Although everything in moderation - I've definitely had to teach myself in the last couple of years to relax a bit more and forgo sleep/gym sessions in favour of being sociable because it's all-important. 

4. What do you do to stay healthy?
I love food and I have a big appetite so I always make sure that my fridge is stocked with fresh fruit and veg. I have steamed vegies with dinner every night and usually steamed vegies or salad for lunch (both with some sort of protein). 


5. What would you like to achieve within the next couple of months
I'm training with my boyfriend for a triathlon so at the moment I'm trying to up the ante on my swimming/cycling and running. Running is definitely my Achilles heel, so I'd like to get my running fitness back to where it was a couple of years ago (when I was doing triathlons regularly). 

6. Your life motto?
Work hard. Be a good person. Don't worry.

7. What makes you happy?
Animals! They make me so happy! Most people would say I'm a crazy cat lady (which is true) but, in fact, if I didn't live in apartment I would have a much larger menagerie. In an ideal world I would have dogs, cats, horses and parrots. oh and a cow! 

8. How do you spend your weekends?
Lately we have been making the most of the beautiful warm Sydney weather, jumping on our bikes, and cycling from our place in Leichhardt out to Bondi. Great training AND we end up getting to chill at Bondi without the hassle of looking for a park. #winning

9. Your favourite go-to tools for perfecting your makeup?
A variety of fluffy blending brushes!  When perfecting most blended eye looks, you can never have enough clean blending brushes on hand!


10. You’re stuck on an island and can only have three things with you, what are they?
Okay. I'm thinking about things that will meep me alive… (ie. food and water) but,

1. My Phone
2. A bed so I can get good nights sleep 
3. My cat - just 'cause.

Make-up for a wedding done by yours truly, Whitney.



Whitney Speller
beautydirectory
Business Development Manger
Make Up Artist
Full-time crazy cat lady



No comments:

Post a Comment