Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Failing to plan...

Is planning to fail.

We've all heard that saying before, but what does it actually mean?

Well, you're basically setting yourself up for failure- and know one wants that! Because when you really think about it, majority of peoples lives are based around planning and routine, so when it comes to the 'hard stuff' like planning your healthy meals, planning your gym workouts or even planning some relaxation time for yourself, why do we sell ourselves short?

For me personally, I need to plan...everything in my life. That may seem extreme to some people ( looking at you boys!) but I feel like my day runs much more smoothly and productive when I have plans and structure.

And that goes for every aspect in my life. See below

The night before
I prepare all my meals. Usually I organise my breakfast, as I dont have time to eat it in the morning, and my other meals for the day. 

I lay out the clothes I'm going to wear for the next day-  I wake up at 6:20am and leave the house by 7:05 so I dont have time to be working out what I am going to wear.

Get my bag and gym bag ready so I can basically just wake up, shower, do my makeup, grab my meals, bags and go!

Morning
I plan to get up early because I like to be extra early at work so I can have my breakfast, plan my day and just be organised. It may seem silly to people, but I would prefer to go to bed at a reasonable time ( 9-9:30pm) and wake up 20 minutes early so I can feel in charge for my day.

Throughout the day
I plan to have my meals at set times as this is what works for me. 
Breakfast is at 8:30am, snacks are mid morning at around 11:30am, lunch is at 1pm, afternoon snack is at 3pm and dinner is at 6:30pm.


I think that no matter what the goal is ( healthy eating, drink more water, read more books..) you need to set yourself goals, and of course start to plan.

A lot of people recognise the phrase "Fail to plan, plan to fail" as a big motivator for leading a healthier lifestyle. And it's so true, you need to plan so you know exactly what you're up for. 

Example:

You forgot to pack your lunch and a few of your work friends are headed to the local pub, so you go along, order a burger and chips. 
The result of this? You feel bloated, less energised and a little bit out of pocket too.

If you took the time to make your lunch, you could of brought that with you and instead of spending your money on a $15.00 meal, you could use that towards a magazine and a coffee for you to enjoy.

Its just little things like this that make me want to plan my meals, my money, workouts, coffee catch up's and dinner dates.

Everyone is always too busy, but dont be so busy you forget to look after yourself.

Read my previous blog post about Little Luxuries for you to gather some inspiration for looking after yourself mentally and physically. 

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment