Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My favourite snacks - Woolworth's special

Are you sick of hearing people say 'Oh just have some nuts to snack on,' or 'Have an apple with some Peanut butter'? YAWN. We're going into 2015, we need to broaden our taste buds, and thankfully Woolworth's is fully equip to help us do so.  

Take note of my top five favourite snacks all under 100 calories, which will satisfy your tummies and keep you from reaching those calorie-packed chocolate biscuits. (Sad day, I know.)

Enjoy!


1. Artisee organics whole bites/ banana, cashew, cocoa and coconut bar 18grams 74 calories
6 pack/$6*

These babies are literally a sweet-tooth saviour! Its around $6 for a pack of 6 bars, and I think they're perfect for an afternoon snack. 

I think they have another combo packet, but I was intrigued  by this one - banana, cashew, cacao and coconut! They are packed with natural goodness such as wholesome organic dried fruits,nuts and grains. Such as easy to satisfy your hunger and keep your snacking portion controlled. WINNING! 


2. Soma bites by Soma Organics / certified natural raw organic fig and wild citrus 50grams $6.45 50 calories

Not only do they come in the cutest little tins ever, but they're so perfectly made that you will feel as if this is a special kind of chocolate bar! This bar contains all organic ingredients such as fig, pea protein, almonds, cashews, coconut oil, macadamias , juice powder, kakadu plum, rosemary extract and himalayan salt! Pwah! What a mouth-full. 


3. Five:am / Vanilla bean yoghurt 170grams $2.65 150calories*

This has to be down-right my favourite yoghurt brand (and flavour) in the whole entire world. And the world is very very big. The vanilla bean flavour rocks my socks off, and I think it would rock yours too. 

I love having some fresh fruit and yoghurt mid-morning, to give my gut some loving. If you didn't already know, yoghurt has all that good bacteria that helps our tummies digest foods and keep it clear! Woo! 


4. Avocado with lemon and cracked salt & pepper/ 50 calories in 1/2 avocado

If you do not like avocado, please click out of this. (dont) I LOVE 'avo' and what better way to enjoy some good green spread, than by adding some lemon and salt and pepper to give it that perfect finish. 

I scoop out half an avocado into a bowel and mush it up, than I add everything else (sometimes I will add some crackers too) and eat it up! 

This is a simple and healthy snack you can mix up how ever you want, and enjoy it at any time of the day. 

5. Macro Snack bites/ Almond, Golden berries and Quinoa 22grams $1.08 

These little snacks are just so convenient in every single way. They;re so small you can take them anywhere you go, yet they are fuelled with healthy foods to keep you fuller for longer.

They come in two other delicious flavours, but this one has to be my favourite. 

I like to snack on these before a workout or after. You really cant go wrong with them!

xx Vanessa







No comments:

Post a Comment