Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Foundation Review


Over the past couple of months I have been using the above foundations.


1. L'Oreal Infallible Foundation 

Pro 
This foundation has a very smooth finish, and I found that it's extremely easy to spread evenly across my entire face. I just used my hands to apply this, and it looked really nice! 

Con
I found that throughout the day, it seemed to disappear..and I only used translucent powder on top of this, so that was a little worrying especially since it claims to last 24 hours!

RRP $31.95 

2. Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin

Pro
I actually LOVE this foundation! It spreads evenly and flawlessly across my face, and I only need to touch up once during the day with a bit of translucent powder. If you're on a budget then I would recommend this! And the colour range is super great, I have no#32 Golden 

Con
It does have a more pink tone to it, so if you were after a more yellow-based foundation this probably wouldn't suite your colour. 

RRP: $21.95


3. Clinique Even Better SPF 15 foundation

Pro
Its great if you have oily to combination skin and it helps to minimise the appearance of blemishes. It has a good mixture of skin colour choices.

Con
To be honest, its hard to blend and the finishing colour doesn't seem to work well with me. But- in saying that, it could look 100 times better on someone who is of lighter skin colour, and used as a tinted moisturiser. 

RRP $50

4. Napoleon Perdis China Doll

Pro
ahh China Doll. I mean I'm not going to lie, it literally does give you a china doll finish. It stays on all day and you can build up the coverage. This is a good foundation for a night out, as it literally does not move off your face. 

Con
It is pricey... and it doesn't last as long as a bottled foundation. But, if you used this as your 'night time' foundation or weekend play, then I'd say it would be a great investment! Oh, and dont you dare leave the lid off or leave it in in-reach of the sun because it will dry out and you wont be able to use it after... 

RRP $65


Please note: 

Throughout winter I have a mixture of dry to normal skin, but there is still a chance I will finish off the day with an oily T-zone as I do tend to have oily skin. BUT, I have found that using the products mentioned, along with a translucent powder or a light-coverage powder, my makeup last for at least 10 hours.

This is what works for my skin, you may find for yourself, they dont do any good! Everyone has different needs, and what works for some, may not work for others.

*Foundation should be blending into your skin without changing your actual skin tone noticeably. So please remember when picking a foundation, test out on your face, with on other makeup on as this is the best way to see if it works well with you. Ideally, you can ask for sample pots. 





No comments:

Post a Comment